Help! I'm an Eggnogaholic!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.  Being so far from family, Christmas is usually a tough holiday for me.  A few things make it a lot easier.  Seeing my daughter smile from ear to ear when she opens presents on Christmas Day, the holiday church service, the lights strung on the houses in our neighborhood, and last but not least, the holiday/traditional foods and drinks.  One of my favorite holiday drinks is spiked egg nog.  I've mixed egg nog and brandy before, but I prefer it already mixed so all I have to do is pour over ice and serve.  This year I tried three different brands of egg nog.
Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog

1. Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog (14.75% ACV)
Made with real dairy cream, rum, brandy, and blended whiskey.

2. Evan Williams Original Southern Egg Nog (14.75% ACV)
Egg nog blended with Williams Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, rum, brandy, and blended whiskey.

3. Christian Brothers Holiday Nog (10% ACV)
Egg nog mixed with Christian Brothers Brandy.



Christian Brothers Holiday Nog
Evan Williams Original Southern Egg Nog

The two brands with the highest alcohol content had a very strong liquor taste and not as much egg nog flavor.  Even my husband thought they were strong.  I added milk to both and it tasted a lot better.  I was able to drink Christian Brothers straight without adding milk.  Out of the three, I prefer Christian Brothers because it is easy to drink, tastes more like egg nog and I don't have to mix it with anything.  The only problem is I can drink half the bottle without blinking, where I would only have one glass of the other two brands.

All three brands suggest to serve chilled or over ice and to garnish with nutmeg and/or cinnamon.  I prefer it over ice with a nutmeg garnish.  

Next year I think I'm going to make my own mix and bottle it so I can grab it out of the refrigerator and pour.  I may even try and make my own egg nog! (I doubt it, but it sounded good, didn't it?)

If you tried one of the brands (or plan to try), let me know which one you prefer.

Happy New Year!

MommyReserve